13 tracks, 52 minutes, mixed live by wiZZo 8/20/11
One thing that is both an upside and a downside to dance music is how quickly a track can be considered “old” or “played out.” With new releases coming out at an alarming rate every week, Dj’s and finicky listeners always want to play or hear only new/fresh tracks. This certainly keeps genres/clubs/parties/mixes/etc very forward and almost always fresh, but it also causes many tracks/artists/labels to go unheard by many listeners. Over the past year or two I feel as though I’ve passed over many tracks as far as giving listeners an opportunity to experience the music. Over the next few months I’ll be putting together mixes to highlight new releases as well as older tracks that I’ve never recorded on a mix. This is the first in the (yet unnamed) series.
Artist – Track – Label:
1. Woodhead – Kingdom – Punch Out Recordings
2. Go Go Bizkitt! – Touch That – Punch Out Recordings
3. Geisha Twins – Some Call It Funky – Bid Muzik
4. Oliver Moldan – Ho Fo Sho – Manchester Underground Music (MUM)
5. Lapse – Get Down – Punch Out Recordings
6. Jackin Box – The Grill – Flapjack
7. Leonardus – Blue Moon (Adulture rmx) – Dust Traxx
8. Crazibiza – Everybody (Tommyboy Teque rmx) – Pornostar
9. Ministry of Funk – Sax Life (Castelli Ipanema rmx) – Muzik Xpress
10. Jon Craig – Breakin Up – Pornostar Records
11. Crazibiza – Spinning Around (Tommyboy rmx) – Pornostar Records
12. Turntable Mafia – What You See (DJ EQ Diabolical Disco rmx) – Nocturnal Recordings
13. Aniki – Lesbian Bondage Fiasco – OMG! Recordings
Check out some other wiZZo mixes:
Wizzo – Sunday Sessions 3.13.11
Damn my old email was hacked. Finally found you again. Still loving the Mix’s you are shellin’ out.
(A.K.A. White Collar Crime)
Thanks, Joel! Just noticed you on Soundcloud. 🙂 You live in Chicago? From KC?
Yes I am living in Chicago. I have been here 3 years now. Massive show in Chinatown tonight. Kansas City native! Grand Boulevard. Respect.